- c/o Chapel Cottage
- Hawkshead Hill
- LA22 0PW
FROM THE M6, Junction 36
1. Come off the M6 at Junction 36 on to the A590. Follow the signs for Windermere. The road turns into the A591. This takes you all the way to Ambleside.
2. As you approach Ambleside you will pass the Low wood Hotel on the RHS, then a garage on the LHS. Shortly after the garage you come to a set of traffic lights. Take the left fork.
3. The road will briefly take you by the lakeside, and then bends several times before straightening out. Take the left turn marked Langdale, Coniston and Hawkshead. (A593)
4. The road will take you over a small bridge and then into Clappersgate. Take the left turn marked ‘Hawkshead – 4 miles’(B5286).
5. This road takes you immediately over a bridge. Follow this road until you have passed through Outgate and are almost at Hawkshead. En route you will pass a right turn to Coniston and Tarn Hows which you must ignore. Shortly after Outgate you reach a bridge with a signpost marked Hawkshead Hill and Coniston. Turn right here. This is the B5285.
6. Drive up the hill for 0.8 mile, passing Highfield House on the LHS, then Thompson Ground on the LHS. You will come into a small group of cottages with the blue sign saying ‘Hawkshead Hill Baptist Chapel’ clearly visible on the RHS. The cottage adjoins the Chapel. Please park down the drive which is the next entrance on the RHS, and just before a right turn marked ‘Tarn Hows’.
For a printable version click here.